Monday, September 24, 2007

What it takes to be first in line



Meet Michael Viesse and his father Larry – they’re the first two people in line at this event. They only had to get here at 4:30 p.m. … yesterday.

Michael, 15, is practically a celebrity here. When I snapped that photo he was being interviewed by the AP. He told me he hopes to get some prizes out of being first in line – maybe a Halo 3-themed Xbox 360. There seem to be plenty inside.



He says he already has a 360 – an Elite model – but his dad will need one now.

Microsoft PR tells me that Halo 3 is already out-pacing and out-selling Halo 2, with 1.7 million pre-orders and sales at last count.

Yike, I hear cheering from the line. I’d better go check it out. There’s a rumor that Bill Gates will show up later. He was here when the 360 was launched.

- Brian Alexander

No comments: